:: about ::
occupation:full-time mom + wife
interests:mod, modern, futuristic + space-age design, technology, music, books, blogs + adventures
resides:sixties vintage prefab in silicon valley between yahoo + google since summer 2005, but we lived in a tiny apartment in oakland,ca before that
:: links ::
:: archives ::
09.2004 01.2006 02.2006 03.2006 04.2006 05.2006 06.2006 07.2006 08.2006 09.2006 10.2006 11.2006 12.2006 01.2007 02.2007 03.2007 04.2007 05.2007 06.2007 07.2007 08.2007 09.2007 10.2007 11.2007 12.2007 01.2008 02.2008 03.2008 04.2008 05.2008 06.2008 07.2008 08.2008 09.2008 10.2008 11.2008 12.2008 01.2009 02.2009 03.2009 04.2009 05.2009 06.2009 07.2009 08.2009 09.2009 10.2009 11.2009 12.2009 01.2010 03.2010 06.2010 07.2010 10.2010 11.2010 01.2011 02.2011 03.2011 04.2011 05.2011 06.2011 07.2011 09.2011 10.2011 11.2011 01.2012 02.2012 04.2012 05.2012 06.2012 07.2012 08.2012 09.2012 10.2012 11.2012 12.2012 01.2013 02.2013 03.2013 04.2013 05.2013 07.2013 08.2013 09.2013 10.2013 11.2013 02.2014 03.2014 04.2014 05.2014 06.2014 07.2014 08.2014 09.2014 10.2014 11.2014 12.2014 01.2015 02.2015 03.2015 05.2015 08.2015 10.2015 11.2015 01.2016 09.2016 05.2017 06.2017
check out my archives for more mod stuff!
:: subscribe :: feed email +modmomon
:: mod*pals ::
:: happy mother's day :: optimist
:: happy father's day ::
time again to go to lemonland for refreshing breast cancer surveillance!
today i had an appointment with my oncologist (chemotherapy doctor) to get the results of my latest heart scan. depending on the results, if my heart was atleast at 50% i'd have to have an infusion today of herceptin + resume the last 9 months of weekly infusions that would further damage my heart + balance that against the benefit it provides of preventing a lifethreatening spread of cancer by 50-60%. i was dreading the results. my heart was just over 50% + she wanted me to restart the infusions today! i wanted to hide. i wanted better advice. i wanted it to all go away. i want to spend all that time playing with my daughter instead of in a chemo clinic thinking about death, but i don't want to spread + then spend more time in the chemo clinic trying to prolong my life + dying anyway like my grandma. finally, i told the oncologist i think i'm going to take a chance that i've had enough herceptin already. my heart is too sensitive to it + as terrified as i am about cancer spreading + knowing that i have an amplified aggressive type of breast cancer with a bad prognosis of probable spread, i don't want to damage my heart any more + be out of breath + weak all the time. i want to get my heart stronger + be active + hope all the chemotherapy i've already had + radiation + surgery has already eliminated all the cancer cells from my whole body. my oncologist said she understands + supports my decision. she told me the signs of cancer spread to watch out for. so now i'm on my own + it's scarey.
by ~mod*mom~ at 13.11.06 Â©
I am keeping you in my thoughts, mod*mom!
It sounds like a good decision and one you can be at peace with. I'll be hoping for all good things for you.
Thinking of you too.
You know your own body better than anyone, and if you feel that's what's right then you got to go with that. Here's hoping you'll start feeling stronger soon!
Big mad prayers going out to you, sweetie. I believe that the beauty and love that surrounds you can keep a LOT of baddies away, and you have definitely embraced that beauty. Good for you.
What they all said. ((((ModMom))))
Thank you for sharing your story. You have made me hug my kids a little closer. We are rooting for you and you are in our thoughts.